Monday, August 3, 2009

domesticity?

(I wrote this entry like 2 weeks ago but I never got around to finishing it until now...oops).


Just as this post is titled, I have been flirting with domesticity. My mom used to worry that I would never get domesticated - this is certainly proving to be false! I think I mentioned that I made black raspberry muffins a few weeks ago, but I failed to provide pictures. So here are pictures from my adventure in cooking today (quite exhausting I must admit). The recipe follows.



Black Raspberry Pie

Ingredients:
  • 3 pints black raspberries
  • 1.5 c sugar
  • 5 Tbl flour
  • .25 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt
  • sliver of butter to place on top of each mini pie (or 1.5 Tbl cut into pieces for 9 in. pie)
  • milk (to brush on top of crust)
  • pre-made pie crust (or homemade if you're motivated)
Pre-heat oven to 350*F

Baking sheet lined w/ foil.
Toss 1 half pint bberries w/ sugar
flour
vanilla extract
salt
Fold in remaining bberries
Let stand 5 minutes
Spoon into crust
Dot filling w/ butter

Lightly brush pastry rim w/ water
Press top of crust edges to seal
Trim overhang
Brush w/ milk, sprinkle w/ sugar

Bake 50 minutes or until filling is bubbling & crust is deep golden (for mini pies)
Bake 1.5 hours/until .. " " .. (for 9 in. pie)

***Cover rim pie crust with foil after 45 minutes to prevent over browning for the 9 in. pie.