Wednesday, April 15, 2009

washington, dc

Friday afternoon I left on a bus for Washington, D.C.  Lesson learned, you get what you pay for.  I only paid $2.50 for a roundtrip bus ticket.  There was never so much chaos involved in my travels before.  The whole way there, I wasn't sure if I was on my way to D.C. or another of the destinations that are offered by the bus company.  Luckily I did make it to D.C. safely.  That first night Stephanie, Kelly, and I went out to an incredibly late dinner at Bus Boys & Poets.  We were trying to go to a poetry slam, but it was unfortunately all sold out.  On Saturday we went to a lot of monuments and the national archives.  We also got to see fireworks for the Cherry Blossom Festival.  For dinner we went to a very delicious mexican restaurant, but were too tired to go out after that and we just stayed in to watch Practical Magic.  On Sunday we woke up a little early to take a paddle boat ride in front of the Jefferson monument.  It was a little chilly but fun.  We spent most of the day at the Natural History Museum and we saw the Imax movie Deep Sea 3D - it was so cool!  

Last night I stayed up entirely too late working on paintings, but I didn't even realize what time it was.