Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Woman as Decoration

Sunday was the first Sunday that I missed ASSSSCAT since I've been here ... but I was babysitting so it was all for a good cause.  Monday night Stephanie and I went to see Whiplash - we haven't been in quite a while - and it turned out to be a roast of Pete Holmes.  So we only stayed for 45 minutes.  Last night I finished reading Woman as Decoration by Emily Burbank (1917).  I was trying to resolve how to make a series of four small paintings more conceptual instead of just pretty and static.  I found Emily's book online and now have a fabulous idea (hopefully).  I'm just waiting for my supplies from Dick Blick to arrive and of course, my paints from home.  Tonight I have to take my macbook into the Apple store because there's something wrong with the battery.  And then I'm going to a bar for a birthday party - 99 cent pints!  Whoo.

Now I'm off to work in Brooklyn.