Tuesday, May 19, 2009

playlist of the week #1

Along with posting "Art of the Week" on Fridays, I will now be posting "Playlist of the Week" on Tuesdays (coincides with New Music Tuesday on iTunes. A coincidence? I think not.) Each playlist will be a thoughtfully crafted mix of 15 songs I've been listening to for the past week (or maybe longer). I'll also include my especially favorite song of the week - and maybe I'll even say why!

Favorite of the Week: All the Tired Horses - Bob Dylan

I heard this song when I was eating lunch with a friend at the vegan restaurant Red Bamboo on West 3rd Street a few weekends ago. Sometimes I forget how much I love Bob Dylan. I especially like this song because I feel really inspired to accomplish everything I want to accomplish and yet I also feel as though it's okay to just be and maybe not accomplish anything at all for a while...
  1. All the Tired Horses - Bob Dylan
  2. Hallelujah - Rufus Wainright
  3. Empty - Ray LaMontagne
  4. Breakin' Up - Rilo Kiley
  5. Your Rocky Spine - The Great Lake Swimmers
  6. Samson - Regina Spektor
  7. You're the One - The Black Keys
  8. Alaska - Dr. Dog
  9. On a Neck, On a Spit - Grizzly Bear
  10. Measuring Cups - Andrew Bird
  11. Down to the River to Pray - Alison Krauss and Union Station
  12. San Andreas Fault - Natalie Merchant
  13. For Lovin' Me - Gordon Lightfoot
  14. Phone Went West - My Morning Jacket
  15. Sun, Sun, Sun - The Elected