Saturday, May 2, 2009

2nd to last week in nyc

Well, Emma got sick on Sunday morning :(  ... so we had a really late start and just ended up going to Central Park and then visiting the Belvedere Castle.  There was an art fair set up along Columbus near 81st Street.  I mention this because all the tents were being taken down and I recognized a photograph as one I had seen on Etsy.  I went up to the artist and asked him if he had an Etsy and he does!  It was so cool to meet people that had Etsys ... it just makes the whole community more real for me.

Anyway,  Emma left on Monday and I had to go to work.  That night we had our opening for the gallery show we put on at our building.  Hardly anyone showed up but it was still fun.  Sadly,  I did not win the art prize, but that means I can put the work on Etsy!

On Wednesday Esme and I spent the day in Central Park - I finally got to see Cleopatra's Needle.  That night was some of the people's last night in the program but they didn't feel like going out to celebrate, so Cait and I celebrated for them.  We discovered this bar over the weekend, Coopers 35, so we walked all the way there from our building.  

Thursday Cait and I went to this french restaurant in the neighborhood that also has a location in Brooklyn - the Brooklyn location is better!  I ordered my favorite dish, quiche lorraine (this is the quiche I wrote about in entries past), but it just wasn't the same.  Still very good though.  

This weekend I have to work all day today basically.  First at the gallery for a few hours and then babysitting tonight.  But tomorrow will be spent out in the city as will the rest of my days here.  Except on Monday I'm helping Emilie move her art out of storage and on Thursday I'm going with Sally and Jay to Emilie's for a studio visit.

I'm also having another Etsy Showcase on May 17th because I have more journals (which are almost finished) to post on my site.