Saturday, July 11, 2009

saturday must have #1

What is the Saturday Must Have you ask? Why it's a list (short or long) of some things you must have, of course! Every Saturday will be a different theme and sometimes the theme will be no theme at all - original, right?

Handmade Must Haves for Fun & Funky Decorating

1. Custom Embroidered Note by Dash of Magic

So freaking cute. I want to give one to all of my friends. It makes me
wish I had a crush on someone.

The note measures approx. 8 x 10 inches and you can have up to 140 characters embroidered on for free.



2. Peas Please Bolster Pillow by Diffraction Fiber

Why wouldn't you want a pea pod pillow? It will make you look oh-so green to guests and perhaps give them the impression that you eat healthy too.

The entire pillow is made from Eco-Felt and measures 24 x 7 inches. (Diffraction Fiber has a Sunny Side Up Egg Pillow which I love too :D)

3. On the Rocks Moss Terrarium by Green Briar

First of all, I'm obsessed with terrariums and I don't even have one. How perfect would this be on your bar? So classy. Very simplistic too with a touch of elegance. Having a little nature nearby at all times doesn't hurt either. Plus moss is a perfect indoor plant that requires little sunlight.

The martini shaker measures 9.5 x 3.5 inches with a handmade cairn pile... making me recall the ancient British isles, mysteries, and the album Sons of Somerled by Steve MacDonald.



4. Bayberry Soy Candle by Lilac Ave

Bayberry is masculine and woodsy - one of which is missing in my life. I dig the green color of the candle holder and I'm sure once the candle is gone (you can buy another) and use the holder as a little planter.

The container measures 3.5 x 1.5 inches and holds about 4 oz. of wax, which by the way is 100% eco-soy wax. In my experience soy wax really helps the scent of the candle fill a whole room.

Lilac Ave's Other Sites: