Saturday, July 18, 2009

saturday must have #2

Pottery


1. Small Red Vase by Porcenova

No one has bought this piece by Porcenova and I can't see why. It's beautiful. And if you know anything about pottery/glazing (or if you don't) then you should know difficult it probably was to achieve such a great effect.

The vase measures 4.5 inches tall and it's only $15 - a great deal.





2. Tea for Two Orangerie by Utile Mud

The honey pot is soo sweet (pun much?). I love the orange glaze. Now I can't wait to get back into the ceramics studio and try my hand at my own honey pots.

You get 2 tumblers (3.5 x 2.75 inches), 1 honey pot (3.5 x 3.5 inches, excluding lid), 1 creamer (3.5 x 4.25 inches). This item is currently sold out but convo Utile Mud and perhaps you can get a set made.







Obviously I love the colors (have you noticed yet?) and I think that everyone needs prep bowls to look the role of a serious cook. You could use the bowls for other things too...

All the bowls measure approx. 4.5 x 1.5 inches.




I just convo'd Judi about how beautiful this vase was so I had to include it in this week's must have. It's subtly sensual and quiet but strong.

The vase is made of porcelain clay and measures approx. 2.75 x 6 inches.









5. Sweet Pea in Yellow by Kim Westad

I love that the color is in the inside of the vessel. I also like how the texture on the outside mimics the over all shape of the vessel.

The vessel measures 3 x 5 inches. You can watch a video on the process of making this too!