Friday, January 22, 2010

art of the week #18


Emily Fischer
I love quilts (thanks Mom!) and maps, therefore it was natural that I would love Emily's work. I guess I'm also continuing with my textile themed entries. Emily went to grad school for architecture at U of M and she even knows where little Albion is located! Definitely check out her site and maybe even order a quilt for yourself or a loved one.

From Emily's website:

"Haptic" refers to the sense of touch that includes the entire body, inside and out; it is also the mechanism we employ to situate our bodies in space, feeling the world around us. Haptic designs counter the rapid digitization of our lives by privileging the real, physical world our bodies occupy. Like a cane that safely guides someone down the sidewalk, haptic projects serve as tools for sensation.