Saturday, March 28, 2009

the little mermaid

Aipad was really great because I got to see a lot of originals by photographers whose work I really admire (i.e. Bill Brandt, Ansel Adams, Robert Mapplethorpe - to name a few).  

This week I really started to plan out new art pieces to work on.  I have three new journal covers in progress - I'm just waiting for my materials to arrive so I can put together the journals.  They'll soon be ready for sale and up on my Etsy page!  I also will be participating in a "gallery show" here at the building where I live.  It's going to be really great.  I'll put up pictures once my materials have arrived.  

On another exciting note, today Stephanie and I sat in the front row for the Little Mermaid!   (These seats are more than $120.)  I would definitely see it over and over again.  The set was so dynamic and amazing.  I don't know if I've ever seen a better set - even the Phantom of the Opera.  Of course, the costumes were amazing too.