Friday, January 30, 2009

gallery hopping

Yesterday my seminar went gallery hopping all day.  We started out at the Sara Meltzer Gallery with an artist talk by Peter Rosovsky.  (See list below for specifics.)  We went to dinner at a Zagat rated restaurant called Don Giovanni.  It was really good but we had to eat fast to make it to a lecture given by writer and professor Susan Buck-Morss at the School of Visual Arts on how ideas of empire and sovereignty are reflected in visual imagery.

Today was my first day working at the Morgan Lehman Gallery.  I had fun, I even got to go visit three other galleries nearby.

Sandra Vasquez de la Horra - Viva la Musa!  (I really liked this one)
Nancy Spero - Un Coup de Dent
Justin Samson - Inside the Cosmic Motion Picture Projector
Christopher Miner - Easter for the Birds
Katerina Lanfranco - Below a Sea of Stars
Peter Rostovsky - This Distant World
Michael Waugh - The More I See of Men