Thursday, January 15, 2009

vagabond shoes

Since this is my first entry, I'll give a short introduction to my blog. I'd say this is a good way to keep my friends, family, and anyone else who is interested updated on the goings on in my life. I also want to start developing a record of my works in progress, things/places/ideas that have inspired my works, and anything else that's of interest to me all in one place. For now, this blog will be that place. I'm hoping to keep every entry short and sweet (text wise) with pictures to supplement.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for New York City. It's pretty exciting to say the least.

Over the last few weeks it's been difficult not having the blocks of time I need to work on creating new sewn journals. Although, I have been developing ideas for collections of journals (i.e. cover images and how these collections will be sewn) and I can't wait to get started. I plan on bringing my materials and tools to NYC so once I get my schedule down I can start creating!

Here's a little insight into the collection I'm working on right now: Endangered/native species of California. This will hopefully include everything from animals to insects to plants. I'd like to work in two tone color schemes (similar to the journal covers I already have on my Etsy page right now, but of course, with an expanded color palette).


Until next time.