Sunday, January 18, 2009

wet boots

I started my RA duties today.  I sat for 6 hours in the lounge reading Breaking Dawn waiting for people to arrive so I could check them in.  I bought the book yesterday and am about halfway done.  It's pretty good but I have to say I like everything so much better through Bella's obsessive eyes.  (SPOILER ALERT) I also don't think I like her being a vampire.  She's only like 3 days old right now but she's lost a lot of her appeal.  I need the crazy tension back between her and Edward.

ANYWAY.  After I was relieved of my duties, Stephanie and I went out again.  I grabbed dinner and then we wandered around like usual (it's been two days and I'm already referring to "the usual"...).   It's snowing here. Ugh.  Of course, snow in the city is so much different.  It's like "ooh ahh look at how pretty the snow looks against those lights on the Empire State building" .. "I'm cold from the snow, let's stop in a store to thaw out" .. I'm not saying I like that it's snowing, but it is so much more bearable.  

We stumbled upon this amazing gallery? where life-size Barbies twirled in beautiful outfits.  I have to go back there when it's opened so I can figure out exactly what it's all about.  We also found shopping heaven on 34th and Broadway... Forever 21, H&M, Gap, Victoria's Secret, Sephora...  

Tomorrow I hope to look into ushering for shows-you usher and then get to see the show for free.  We're not wasting anytime getting down to business.