Wednesday, January 21, 2009

internship!

Today started off with a bang .. or more precisely, an alarm.  The fire alarm went off this morning (luckily I was about to get up anyway) so the fire department came per city law.  Someone burned something in the kitchen, there wasn't an actual fire.  Still .. a little ominous.

I got to my first internship just fine.  We went over what I'll be doing and one of those things is organizing the many image files/reconciling the artist's data on her pieces.  It was fun for me, I really enjoyed it.  We left early (the artist is also my advisor) to go to my first seminar meeting.  We went to the Frick Museum for an artist lecture.  Eve Sussman was the artist - her work is very interesting .. more reflection to come.  It was a very beautiful museum and I choked up a little over the Degas piece they had.  There was also a Renoir.  (My favorite Impressionist artists.)

We got back around 9 PM and I made myself a concoction for dinner successfully.  Sort of stir fry meets a shell-less taco with teriyaki sauce.  It wasn't horrible, definitely eatable .. definitely room for improvement.

I'm so happy to have found fellow Weeds lovers in the house.  We watched the final 2 episodes that I hadn't seen yet of season 4 .. absolutely ridiculous.  I can't believe Showtime hasn't released the date for the premier of season 5.