Thursday, March 5, 2009

hedda gabler

On Tuesday I helped the gallery set up for PULSE - the high-end art fair for galleries all over the world (the Armory is another art fair that is slightly better than PULSE).  We installed wallpaper and wainscoat in our booth and of course hung up pieces by Eric Beltz.  

Yesterday I worked with Emilie and started designing her website.  It's going to look so good!  After work, Stephanie and I went to volunteer as ushers at the American Airlines Theater for the play Hedda Gabler starring Mary Louise Parker.  After we were "trained," we were standing in the house before it was opened to the public and we weren't paying attention when suddenly a woman was playing the piano.  And I turned to Stephanie and said, "Oh my god!  What if that was Mary Louise Parker .. It's probably not her .. but what if it was?!"  And then after a while she stopped playing and got up and turned around and it WAS Mary Louise Parker and she said, "Well, it's not going to get any better."  (Referring to the piano piece.)  And then she walked off stage.  And I freaked out.

The show was really really good though and I would definitely usher again - it was so easy.  

Today started incredibly early at PULSE.  There was a lot of cool work there and I enjoyed the free breakfast buffet.  

Tomorrow night two of my friends are coming from Michigan to visit me and I am so excited!