Friday, February 20, 2009

Elmo

Wednesday I worked at Morgan Lehman and near that comedy hour, Stephanie and I went to see Gethard's Magic Box of Stories.  It was hilarious.  Since he and Grosz shot down our shirts at the last ASSSSCAT show (yes, we made shirts - long story short, every Sunday Jason would say wouldn't it be funny if someone made a rival Gethtard group ... the Gethtard's are Chris Gethard's officially unofficial fan club ... so when we showed up with our shirts Grosz said "We just said how we weren't going to talk about Gethtard's at this show!"), but our shirts and enthusiasm - and our "hurt" feelings - were such a hit, Gethard is sort of friends with Stephanie and me now.  

On Thursday was Lindsey's birthday and we had free tickets to a (horrible) comedy show at the Bowery Poetry Club and even though we left early we did get to see Leo Allen (the host of Whiplash at the UCB) perform .. we practically have his sketch memorized.  But he was the best performer that night so props.

Tonight Stephanie and I went with my bosses/colleague from Morgan Lehman to an art fundraiser called Chelsea Visits Havana.  It was pretty fun, but not too many people showed up.  The lead singer of the band hit on Stephanie and I and then proceeded to try and have an intellectual discussion with us on the nostalgia of paper, physical, books ... but we wouldn't have it.  After the party we went to Elmo, a snazzy restaurant in Chelsea - Zagat rated!  The friend/collector of my bosses at Morgan Lehman owns Elmo so that was a very fun experience.  Michael Waugh also joined us for dinner and we saw his work at the Schroeder Romero Gallery a few weeks ago (entitled, The More I See of Men) and that was great considering how much I enjoyed his work.  Everything I had to eat at Elmo was delicious and I'm so full I had to be in bed with my computer in my lap to type this.

Also, here's a shout out to Kayte!!  Hopefully I'll get the link to her work soon, it's really great.