Wednesday, February 25, 2009

FAO Schwarz

On Saturday Stephanie and I went to a bunch of galleries in the lower east side and we also went to the Drawing Center.  We walked down Canal Street and it was finally the section of the street where all the crazy people hang out to try and sell you knockoff purses in alleyways.  It was really crowded and horrible to be honest.

On Sunday Stephanie and I went to FAO Schwarz, the huge/amazing toy store on the upper east side (5th avenue).  We have a bunch of great pictures: me with a giant ugly doll, me pretending to be holding up Simba, us with some squirrels (Albion Review!), and us with Voldemort.  Again, I'm still working on finding the time to put up pictures in an album.  On our meandering back to eventually find the subway we happened upon a giant "LOVE" where the "O" is crooked, like on the stamp.  We also went to see ASSSSCAT of course.

Yesterday was the first meeting of our new seminar.  It was extremely interesting ... I'll probably talk about it later though.  

Today was a very lame Mardi Gras, party wise, but I will be receiving the Emo Peter Parker doll from Olde English's commercial spoof.  CLICK HERE TO SEE THE SKETCH.  ..Basically the group is just cleaning out their office because they're moving to a new one and are getting rid of a few props.